SAN FRANCISCO, CA and LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM–(Marketwired – Jun 19, 2017) – Huddle, a leader in secure collaboration for enterprise and government, has today announced a new integration with Microsoft Office Online.
Expanding on Huddle’s existing Office integration, today’s announcement adds new support for Office Online. Users can quickly create, preview and manage their Office files within Huddle, and then seamlessly transition into Office Online for editing and real-time co-authoring.
The integration enables an uninterrupted cloud-based collaboration experience between Office Online and Huddle. Starting from Huddle, users can open Office Online to create or edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel or Microsoft PowerPoint documents. Changes are seamlessly saved in Huddle, where users can manage team permissions, control document revisions, make comments, track tasks and set approvals around their files.
“The opportunity to build connections that extend the Microsoft Office experience has never been greater,” explains Luke Taylor, Director of Product, Huddle. ”We’ve long provided an integration into Microsoft’s desktop Microsoft Office applications and now, as a member of the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program, we’ve been able to extend that great Huddle experience to users that want to use Microsoft’s cloud based productivity suite.”
Rob Howard, director, Office 365 Ecosystem, Microsoft Corp. said, “We are excited to have Huddle’s participation in the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program to further extend the availability of Microsoft Office 365 to Huddle users. It’s a unique integration that connects Huddle’s technology directly to Office Online, so that customers have a great experience for managing Office documents stored within their environment.”
Key features include:
- Integrated collaboration experience: No plug-ins, simply open documents in Office Online from Huddle using any modern web browser.
- Fully cloud based collaboration: All documentation remains in the cloud, no need for downloading, emailing files or synchronization with a locally stored version.
- Reduced document collaboration cycles: Direct access to co-authoring in Office Online right from Huddle. Document editing and review cycles are drastically reduced by working simultaneously with others on the latest version.
- Choice of Desktop or Online editing: Huddle users with Huddle Desktop and Office installed can choose to edit locally or online.
Huddle’s integration with Office Online is available immediately to all Huddle customers who have an active Office 365 Business plan. For more information please visit https://www.huddle.com/product/services/ or sign up for a free trial.
- Follow Huddle on Twitter @huddle
- Subscribe to the Huddle blog
- Become a Huddle fan on Facebook
- Learn more at www.huddle.com
Huddle is a secure cloud collaboration service that enables enterprise and government organizations worldwide to securely store, access, share, sync and work on files with everyone they need to — regardless of whether they are inside or outside of an organization’s firewall. Co-headquartered in London and San Francisco and with offices in New York City and Washington D.C., Huddle’s customers include 80 percent of Fortune 500 and 80 percent of UK government departments, as well as companies such as Kia Motors, Baker Tilly, Driscoll’s, Unilever and P&G. The company is privately held and backed by leading venture capital firms in the US and Europe. For more information visit www.huddle.com or follow us on Twitter @huddle.
E: Email Contact
T: + 44 203 818 7190
E: Email Contact