DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “DRAM
Market Update – Fourth Quarter 2016” report to their offering.
This report gives a quarterly overview of the DRAM market. It includes
market share, competitive analysis, advice to vendors, customers,
toolmakers, and investors, and forecasts the market’s future revenues.
Through a unique and very accurate forecast methodology, the author
predicts a revenue peak of nearly $70 billion in DRAM revenues in 2018,
before a market collapse that will reduce 2019 revenues to a fraction of
that figure. This cycle will be driven by a shortage related to issues
in the NAND flash market followed by an oversupply that is, once again,
driven by the interplay between NAND flash and DRAM production.
To create this report the author performs a quarterly analysis of NAND
flash makers’ reported results and combines these with other market
indicators and historical pricing patterns.
– The DRAM market is consolidated to three vendors with a combined
market share of 92%.
– Micron’s share has been declining, while that of Samsung has increased
to offset Micron’s decline. SK hynix’ market share has been stable over
– Third-quarter DRAM revenues approached $11 billion, up 20% from the
– Samsung maintains leadership in the DRAM market with a 50% market
– DRAM market revenues will approach $70 billion in 2018 before dropping
to a fraction of that figure in 2019. This drop will be the result of a
price collapse caused by an oversupply in the NAND flash market that
brings too much production capacity to DRAM.
– Low growth in prior years stemmed from poor demand growth thanks to
China’s currency devaluation and troubled oil economies.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
5. Competitive Landscape
– SK hynix
– Micron Technology
6. Market Share
7. Projections & Forecast Assumptions
8. Forecast Rationale
9. Historic Perspectives
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j8npwf/dram_market
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716